Monday, April 26, 2010

Genuine Devotion is a rare Delight!

Friends:
Genuine Devotion is a rare Delight!


Homage to that Perfectly Self-Enlightened One!

Thus, indeed, is that the Blessed One: He is the worthy One, fully enlightened,
endowed with clear vision and virtuous conduct, sublime, the knower of worlds,
the incomparable leader of men to be tamed, the teacher of gods and men,
awakened and blessed. Forever do I reverence for the Buddhas of the past,
those of the times to come, those Buddhas of the present time...
No other refuge do I seek: The Buddha is my only true refuge. By this Truth
may peaceful victory be mine! I revere with my head the dust on his holy feet.
If I have wronged the Buddha, may the Buddha bear with me.
Until life’s end, to the Buddha I go for saving refuge.
Who is the foremost speaker among mankind, The Sakyan Sage, O Holy One,
whose task is done, gone beyond, possessed of supreme power and energy!
To you, the wellcome wellgone One, I go for refuge!



Homage to that perfectly formulated Dhamma!
The Dhamma of the Blessed One is perfectly explained, to be seen here and
now, inviting one to come and see, leading onward to Nibbāna; to be known
by any wise, each for himself. Homage to that Dhamma leading out of this
suffering, out of samsara! The Dhamma of the ages past, the Dhamma of
the times to come, the Dhamma of the present time, forever do I reverence.
No other refuge do I seek, the Dhamma is my true refuge.  By this Truth:
May peaceful victory be mine! I revere with my head this triple Dhamma of
the three supreme qualities: Morality, Concentration and Understanding...
If I have wronged the Dhamma: May the Dhamma bear with me.
Until life’s end to the Dhamma I go for refuge.
Freed from lust, cleared of craving, sorrow-free: An absolute Law, gracious,
gratifying and satisfying, sweet, potent, profound, an analytic science...
To this very Dhamma I go for refuge!



Homage to that Great Sangha Community of the Eight Noble persons.
The Sangha of the Blessed One’s disciples has entered on the good way;
the straight way; the true way ; on the direct way, that is to say: the 4 pairs
of men, the 8 types of persons. This Sangha of the Blessed One’s disciples is
fit for gifts, fit for hospitality, fit for offerings, and fit for reverential
salutation with joined palms, as an incomparable field of merit in the world.
Forever do I reverence: The Sanghas of the past ages, those of the times
to come, and the Sanghas of the present time. No other refuge do I seek.
The Sangha is my true refuge. By this very Truth: May peaceful victory be
mine! I revere with my head this peerless Sangha. If I have wronged this
Sangha: May the Sangha bear with me. Until life’s end, to the Sangha I go
for refuge. Whatever is given to the four pure pairs of persons and these
eight kind of people, who have realized the Truth, this bears great fruit...!
To this very Sangha I go for refuge!

How to become a real Buddhist formally? Take refuge here!
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/sangha/Sangha_Entry.htm
Source: BPS Wheel no 54 (Edited Excerpt):
The Mirror of the Dhamma. A Manual of Buddhist Devotional Texts.
By Nārada Thera and Bhikkhu Kassapa. Revised By Bhikkhu Khantipālo:
http://www.bps.lk/wh054-u.html
Have a nice & noble day!
 
Friendship is the Greatest!
Bhikkhu Samāhita _/\_ Sri Lanka ]
http://What-Buddha-Said.net

No comments: