Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Good is Gentle Well-Wishing for all Sentient beings!


Description: Description: Description: D:\Mydocs\My Web Sites\What_Buddha_Said\Pics\metta.retreat.jpg
The Buddha on the Universality of Friendliness:Sabbe sattā bhavantu sukhitattā. May all beings become thus Happy!
Description: Description: Description: D:\Mydocs\My Web Sites\What_Buddha_Said\Pics\gnaver.metta.jpg

I am a friend of all bipeds;
I am a friend of those with four feet,
I am a friend of the many-footed,
I am a friend of those with no feet!
Anguttara Nikaya 4.67
Description: Description: Description: D:\Mydocs\My Web Sites\What_Buddha_Said\Pics\duck.metta.jpg

One thinks: 'May these beings be free from animosity,
free from oppression, free from trouble, and may they
look after themselves with ease! Anguttara Nikaya 5
Description: Description: Description: D:\Mydocs\My Web Sites\What_Buddha_Said\Pics\cat.sl.dog.metta.jpg
The absence of hate, hating, hatred, the absence of anger, and any malignity,
and the presence of love, friendly kindness, gentle disposition, tender care,
forbearance, genuine considerateness; seeking the general good for all,
compassion this is the very root of good behaviour. Dhammasangani
Description: Description: Description: D:\Mydocs\My Web Sites\What_Buddha_Said\Pics\metta.cat.mouse.jpg
As I am, so are others... As others are, so am I...
Having thus identified self and others,
Never Harm anyone, nor have any being abused.
Sutta Nipata 3.710

Description: Description: Description: D:\Mydocs\My Web Sites\What_Buddha_Said\Pics\metta-dolphins.jpg
Among tigers, lions, leopards & bears I lived in the jungle.
No one was frightened of me, nor did I fear anyone.
Uplifted by such universal friendliness, I enjoyed the forest.
Finding great solace in such sweetly silenced solitude…
Suvanna-sama Jataka 540
Description: Description: Description: D:\Mydocs\My Web Sites\What_Buddha_Said\Pics\horsedog.metta.png
With good will for the entire cosmos, cultivate a limitless heart & mind:
Beaming above, below, & all around, unobstructed, without trace of hostility.
Sutta Nipata I, 8
Description: Description: Description: D:\Mydocs\My Web Sites\What_Buddha_Said\Pics\metta-hurricane-dog.jpg
Hurricane/Tzunami preparedness

Train yourself in doing good
that lasts and brings happiness.
Cultivate generosity, the life of peace,
and a mind of infinite universal love.
Itivuttaka 22

Description: Description: Description: D:\Mydocs\My Web Sites\What_Buddha_Said\Pics\horseDog.metta.jpg
May all beings be Happy!
Have a nice & noble day!
Description: Description: Description: signature.picDescription: Description: Description: Bowing_Bhikkhu 
Friendship is the Greatest! Bhikkhu Samāhita _/\_ ]
http://What-Buddha-Said.net

No comments: