Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Breath Meditation!

How is constant Awareness Established only by Breathing?
Sitting cross-legged, with straight back, elevated chin, in a silent place, the
yogi remains focusing all attention on the touch point of air in his nostrils:
Fully aware one inhales and fully aware one exhales...
When inhaling a long breath, one notices just that...
When exhaling a long breath, one notices just that...
When inhaling a short breath, one notices just that...
When exhaling a short breath, one notices just that...
Experiencing the whole body, one inhales...

Experiencing the whole body, one exhales...
Calming all bodily activity, one inhales...
Calming all bodily activity, one exhales...
One trains thus:
Experiencing joyous rapture, I will inhale...
Experiencing joyous rapture, I will exhale...
Experiencing a happy pleasure, I will inhale...
Experiencing a happy pleasure, I will exhale...
Experiencing all mental activity, I will inhale...
Experiencing all mental activity, I will exhale...
Calming all mental activity, I will inhale...
Calming all mental activity, I will exhale...
One trains thus:
Experiencing & evaluating the present mood, I will inhale...
Experiencing & evaluating the present mood, I will exhale...
Satisfying, gladdening & elevating the mind, I will inhale...
Satisfying, gladdening & elevating the mind I will exhale...
Focusing & condensing the mind by concentration, I will inhale...
Focusing & condensing the mind by concentration, I will exhale...
Releasing the mind from any hindrance, I will inhale...
Releasing the mind from any hindrance, I will exhale...
One trains thus:
Considering the impermanence inherent in all change, I will inhale...
Considering the impermanence inherent in all change, I will exhale...
Considering the detachment induced by disillusion, I will inhale...
Considering the detachment induced by disillusion, I will exhale...
Considering the stilled silence due to ceasing, I will inhale...
Considering the stilled silence due to ceasing, I will exhale...
Considering the open freedom of relinquishment, I will inhale...
Considering the open freedom of relinquishment, I will exhale...
This is how continuous Awareness is established just by breathing!!!
Breathing meditation can bring the yogi into 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Jhāna...
It is a unique praxis used by all Buddhas at their very Enlightenment!!!

Have a nice & noble day!
signature.pic
Friendship is the Greatest! Bhikkhu Samāhita _/\_ ]
http://What-Buddha-Said.net

No comments: