Sunday, July 29, 2012

Goodwill is Genuine, Authentic and Universal!




The Buddha on Goodwill:

As I am, so are others...
As others are, so am I...
Having thus identified self and others,
Never Harm anyone, nor have any abused.
Sutta Nipata 3.710


Quite pro roller-skate retrofit IMHO :-) Born legless and adopted by smart family.

Among tigers, lions, leopards and bears I lived in the jungle.
No one was frightened of me, nor did I fear anyone.
Uplifted by such universal friendliness, I enjoyed the forest.
Finding great solace in such sweetly silenced solitude…
Suvanna-sama Jataka 540



I am a friend of the footless,
I am a friend of all bipeds;
I am a friend of those with four feet,
I am a friend of the many-footed...
Therefore none of them ever harm me!
Anguttara Nikaya 4.67



May all creatures, all breathing things,
all beings one and all, without exception,
experience good fortune only.
May they not fall into any harm.
Anguttara Nikaya II, 72


With good will for the entire cosmos,
cultivate a limitless heart and mind:
Beaming above, below, and all around,
unobstructed, without trace of hostility.
Sutta Nipata I, 8



Train yourself in doing only good
that lasts and brings great happiness.
Cultivate generosity, a peaceful living,
and
a mentality of infinite friendliness.
Ittivuttuka 16


Solitude is happiness for one who is content,
who
has heard the Dhamma and clearly sees.
Non-violence is happiness in this world:
Harmlessness towards all living beings.
Udana 10


Consort only with the good,
come together with the good.
To learn the teaching of the good
gives wisdom like nothing else can.
Samyutta Nikaya 1.31

Goodwill is Genuine :-)
Have a nice & noble day!
 
Friendship is the Greatest!
Bhikkhu Samāhita _/\_ ]
http://What-Buddha-Said.net

No comments: