Sunday, August 26, 2012

We should be Good to our fine Friends here!




The Buddha on the Universality of Friendliness:
I am a friend of all bipeds;
I am a friend of those with four feet,
I am a friend of the many-footed,
I am a friend of those with no feet!
Anguttara Nikaya 4.67

As I am, so are others... As others are, so am I...
Having thus identified self and others,
Never Harm anyone, nor have any being abused.
Sutta Nipata 3.710














Among tigers, lions, leopards & bears I lived in the jungle.
No one was frightened of me, nor did I fear anyone.
Uplifted by such universal friendliness, I enjoyed the forest.
Finding great solace in such sweetly silenced solitude…
Suvanna-sama Jataka 540







With good will for the entire cosmos, cultivate a limitless heart & mind:
Beaming above, below, & all around, unobstructed, without trace of hostility.
Sutta Nipata I, 8


Train yourself in doing good
that lasts and brings happiness.
Cultivate generosity, the life of peace,
and
a mind of infinite universal love.
Itivuttaka 22



Our Friends!
Have a nice & noble day!
 
Friendship is the Greatest!
Bhikkhu Samāhita _/\_ ]
http://What-Buddha-Said.net

No comments: