Saturday, May 12, 2012

Any Cause produce an Effect:


Therefore:
Never do any Evil!
Neither openly nor in Secret...
If having done bad or is doing wrong now, pain surely returns,
even
though one flee by flying away up into space... The effect
of
any action, good as bad, follows the doer like a shadow that never leaves...
Consequence is always Certain... Why so ?
Because one cannot hide anything for one's own mind!
It knows, remembers and re-creates reactions accordingly!
Mind is therefore the forerunner of all phenomena...

The Blessed Buddha on non-violence:
Solitude is happiness for one who is content,
who
has heard the Dhamma and clearly sees.
Non-violence is happiness in this world:
Harmlessness towards all living beings.
Udana 10

I am a friend of the footless,
I am a friend of the bipeds;
I am a friend of those with four feet,
I am a friend of the many-footed.
May not the footless harm me,
may not the bipeds harm me,
may not those with four feet harm me,
and may not those with many feet harm me.
AN. II, 72

Among tigers, lions, leopards & bears I lived in the wood.
No one was frightened of me, nor did I fear anyone.
Uplifted by such universal friendliness I enjoyed the forest.
Finding great solace in sweet silent solitude.
Suvanna-sama Jataka 540
Invariable Law: Do no Harm!
Have a nice & noble day!
 
Friendship is the Greatest!
Bhikkhu Samāhita _/\_ ]
http://What-Buddha-Said.net

No comments: