Wednesday, July 10, 2013

U WIRA THU : Open Letter to “Ms. Hannah Beech (TIME Magazine)”-ENGLISH


1044388_285810324895816_1826337971_n
Dear Sister Ms. Hannah Beech,
I nationalist Buddhist Monk U Wira Thu is writing this letter to you. When you came to us, we had treated you and your photographer with hospitability. You know we had done our best to help you and your photographer to get what you want.
We had helped you only with the good volition that we want the media and correspondents get the true facts.
We helped you because we respect western liberal media like Times and we expected you wouldn’t make lies to the people of the world. And we did not think you wouldn’t break ethic and responsibility of media.
Now I know that you are the worst visitors we have ever had.
I could not see the hatred behind your smiles. I could not see your ruthlessness under your tender actions.
I could not see your deceit under your sweet words it is like blade covered by honey.
I did not think that a gentle and beautiful girl like you have the ruthless heart of performing savages attack on us to be heard all over the world. I could not think that because of my background may be as you said I was a vagabond.
I had told you that those names such as Shaved Head Nazi, Neo Nazi, Burmese Bin Laden were given by Muslims on Facebook. And then liberal media like you dare use the word like “The Buddhist Monk, The Title “Burmese Binladen”
I believe (think) you admit your dirty mind by deliberately using the word “The Buddhist Monk” then followed by the word “With the man in burgundy robes.” You are not a lady with high moral ground and you are same as dirty minded as extremists all over the world. Muslims are also like you want me to strip of the robe. They do not revere me as a Monk and call me “the man in the robe.”
My preaching is not burning with hatred as you say. Only your writing is full of hate speech.
We can forgive the misunderstanding. We can forgive wrong conclusion. But will you deny that your hatred words targeted me to tarnish my reputation.
Please recheck your words and the words that I preached.
“Now is not the time for calm.”
“Now is the time to rise up to make your blood boil.” These are your words.
Now I show my words.
969 is for peace,
We should preserve these noble reputations of Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha.
For our National cause, our Culture and our Faith,
We will avoid terror act.
Upholding three gems (Buddha, Dhamma, Sangha)
We will perform with honesty, diligence and determined attempts.
For our national cause,
We will carry out it warmly without ignorance.”
These are my words. It is clear that you made savage attack against me by comparing my words and your words.
I preach people not to react with lawlessness, but you accused me of terrorist. You tried to draw a picture of me as a person who aggravate the situation by hate speech and fuelling to make offensive attack, where I am preaching people to perform with honesty, diligence and determined attempts to preserve our value. I preach people to carry out national cause warmly without ignorance, than you gave the world bad impression of me who is trying to boil the blood of people.
You dare do that.
With sustained loving-kindness,
Ven. Wira Thu

HANNAH BEECH
HANNAH BEECH

No comments: