Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Harming others will Hurt yourself!

Friends:
Harming others will Hurt yourself!


The Buddha pointed out Harmlessness as the best protection by saying:
I am a friend of the footless,
I am a friend of all bipeds;
I am a friend of those with four feet,
I am a friend of the many-footed!
Anguttara Nikaya 4.67

As I am, so are others...
As others are, so am I...
Having thus identified self with others,
Never harm anyone, nor make any hurt.
Sutta-Nipāta 705

Among tigers, lions, leopards and bears I lived in the jungle.
No one was frightened of me, nor did I fear anyone...
Uplifted by such universal friendliness, I enjoyed the forest.
Finding great solace in that sweetly silenced solitude…
Suvanna-sama Jataka 540  
 Have a nice & noble day!
 
Friendship is the Greatest!
Bhikkhu Samāhita _/\_ ]
http://What-Buddha-Said.net

No comments: